The events in the daily news can be catastrophic and unnerving at times, with huge numbers of lives lost and incredible suffering taking place, as is evident by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
And sometimes, as is the case now, there seems to no good reason for the disturbing mayhem taking place.
“In Ukraine, rivers of blood and tears are flowing,” said Pope Francis. “This is not just a military operation but a war which sows death, destruction and misery.”
But is there something unseen at work amid the horror of this war? Is there a hidden cause for nightmarish disasters that people are forgetting or ignoring?
“The answer to these questions is an obvious yes,” says author Joe Kovacs, who digs deeply into this subject in his brand-new best-seller, “Reaching God Speed: Unlocking the Secret Broadcast Revealing the Mystery of Everything.”
“Catastrophes and disasters such as military conflict are not just happenstance. There is an underlying cause, and it’s spelled out quite clearly in the Bible.”
“The simple truth right out of Holy Scripture is that God Himself is causing disasters. Read it for yourself in your own Bible:”
“I am about to bring disaster on everyone” (Jeremiah 45:5 CSB).
“Therefore, the LORD says: “I am planning disaster against this people, from which you cannot save yourselves. You will no longer walk proudly, for it will be a time of calamity” (Micah 2:3 NIV).
“If a disaster occurs in a city, hasn’t the LORD done it?” (Amos 3:6 CSB).
“This is what the LORD says: ‘I am about to bring disaster on you and will eradicate your descendants” (1 Kings 21:21 CSB).
“I will send famine and dangerous animals against you. They will leave you childless. Plague and bloodshed will sweep through you, and I will bring a sword against you. I, the LORD, have spoken” (Ezekiel 5:17 CSB).
“This is what the LORD God of Israel says: ‘I am about to bring such disaster … that everyone who hears about it will shudder'” (2 Kings 21:12 CSB).
“Therefore, this is what the LORD says: I am about to bring on them disaster that they cannot escape. They will cry out to me, but I will not hear them” (Jeremiah 11:11 CSB).
“I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal” (Deuteronomy 32:39 KJV).
“I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things” (Isaiah 45:7 NKJV).
Kovacs says, “It may be a difficult pill for many people to swallow, but God is the Creator of all things, and disasters are among those things, albeit not pleasant ones.”
“This, of course, brings up the question of why. Why, if God is a loving Being, is He creating all this horrific mayhem? God actually spells out the reason quite plainly.”
“And they will know that I am the LORD; I did not threaten to bring this disaster on them without a reason” (Ezekiel 6:10 CSB).
“Disaster will come to you in the future, because you will do what is evil in the LORD’s sight” (Deuteronomy 31:29 CSB).
“This disaster happened because the people of Israel sinned against the LORD their God” (2 Kings 17:7 CSB).
“All this disaster has come on us, yet we have not sought the favor of the LORD our God by turning from our iniquities and paying attention to your truth. So the LORD kept the disaster in mind and brought it on us, for the LORD our God is righteous in all he has done. But we have not obeyed him” (Daniel 9:13–14 CSB).
“This is what the Lord GOD says: Look, one disaster after another is coming!…I will not look on you with pity or spare you. I will punish you for your ways and for your detestable practices within you. Then you will know that it is I, the LORD, who strikes” (Ezekiel 7:5–9 CSB).
“Listen, earth! I am about to bring disaster on these people, the fruit of their own plotting, for they have paid no attention to my words. They have rejected my instruction” (Jeremiah 6:19 CSB).
“God makes it more than obvious,” Kovacs says.
“He causes catastrophes of all kinds – famines, plagues, wars, and more – because people aren’t paying attention to His instructions. They have disobeyed the divine law, refusing to obey Him and instead choosing to engage in evil, detestable practices.”
“In other words,” says Kovacs, “we’re all dead in God’s sight already because of our sins and will be dead forever unless and until we repent, which means to turn around and stop our rebellious behavior toward God and get with His glorious program of eternal life! It’s simple: Rebel and perish, or repent and live forever.
“That’s the news broadcast on the Spirit level of God speed through all these wars and other catastrophes. And that’s the glorious hope provided amid all these horrible calamities in the news. God has even inked it in Scripture that if people stop their ridiculous rebellion against Him, He’ll stop disasters from occurring.”
“However, if that nation about which I have made the announcement turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the disaster I had planned to do to it” (Jeremiah 18:8 CSB).
“Perhaps when the people … hear about every disaster I plan to inflict on them, they will each turn from their wicked ways; then I will forgive their wickedness and their sin” (Jeremiah 36:3 NIV).
“If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:13–14 KJV).
The “Reaching God Speed” author says “the bad news taking place in our world is not just some random, haphazard mayhem.”
“The catastrophes, calamities, and disasters of all stripes are attention-getters, reminding people that we’re all going to perish, to be dead forever, unless we get our act together and get with the program.”
“The bottom line is that bad news can be likened to an attention-getting spanking that a parent gives his or her child. But God does not like spanking His kids.”
“Why do you want more beatings? Why do you keep on rebelling?” (Isaiah 1:5 CSB).
“He creates the bad news with an intention: to prompt us all to do some inward reflection and make drastic changes to how we think and act, to put an end to our ludicrous, wicked ways and get on the path of everlasting life. And painless life without end is truly Good News.”
“So when you see and hear all kinds of fatal events in the news headlines today, remember that God is merely broadcasting the same message He has been airing since the beginning: ‘Unless you repent, you will all perish as well.'”
Endorsed by Chuck Norris and other Christian champions, “Reaching God Speed” is nothing short of a breakthrough work, as it probes God’s hidden messages embedded in popular movies, hit songs from (Adele and the Beatles to Frank Sinatra and Led Zeppelin), the stories we tell our children, everyday phrases we all say, historic news events, famous commercial campaigns, nature itself, and typical life activities such as such as inhaling every breath you take, sleeping, waking up and many more.
It features a myriad of stunning biblical revelations, as the book:
- Solves with clarity three of the greatest mysteries in Scripture, unveiling the surprisingly simple meaning of “the beast,” “the number of the beast” and “the mark of the beast”
- Easily explains how God embeds hidden messages forecasting the future in the physical, historical events recorded in Scripture.
- Examines the miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding, revealing why this famous event took place “on the third day,” why water was poured into six large containers, and why its instant transformation into the most perfect wine has a sublime meaning that goes far beyond what anyone has ever discussed.
- Unwraps the secret messages concerning the human birth of God, including the spiritual significance of Jesus in a manger, the real reason the shepherds “returned,” and the never-trumpeted, majestic picture the entire story depicts for your own glorious future.
- Unmasks the miracle of the blind man healed by washing mud off his eyes. Clue: There’s something intriguing about the mud that becomes obvious when we connect the dots in Scripture.
- Reveals the incredible reason the Bible constantly mentions “three days” in both the Old and New Testaments. It goes far beyond the time Jesus spent in the heart of the earth.
- Unveils the sublime, additional meanings emanating from “Let there be light” and “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” There’s much more to the beginning than you’ve ever imagined.
- Illuminates the reason the darkness of night will ultimately be eliminated, and only never-ending light will exist.
- Broadcasts the never-before-trumpeted meaning of the Exodus out of Egypt. The ancient event in the days of Moses is actually a picture of something tremendous and glorious that’s still to come in your future.
- Explains the incredible meaning behind serpents crawling on their bellies.
- Dishes the astounding secret behind the Second Passover, and the fantastic future it holds for billions of people.
- Investigates the double meaning concerning “Doubting Thomas,” and the stunning good news it contains for everyone who’s ever doubted God or any Bible story.
- Announces the unheard, spirit meaning regarding raising children.
- Shines the light on why ancient Egyptians were paralyzed with three straight days of darkness, while God’s people in Goshen had light in their dwellings.
- Illuminates the surprising and inspiring meaning of a “darkness that can be felt” (Hint: it’s something you can do right this second).
- Explains what Jesus specifically meant by “outer darkness”.
- Clearly reveals why the Bible repeatedly mentions pagan peoples such as Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Girgashites, Jebusites and Hivites. It goes far beyond these ancient tribes with tough-to-pronounce names, as it actually refers to certain people alive today with whom you deal every day.
- Tells why Scripture so often talks about thorns and thistles. They’re far more than just sharp prickers growing in your garden.
- Explores the untold meaning of the conflict between David and Goliath: it has a gigantic significance that Sunday-school teachers seem to have missed.
- Fishes out astonishing secret messages God has embedded in the famous story of Jonah being swallowed by a great fish. The scales will finally fall off your eyes when you finally see what you’ve been missing. Plus hundreds more…
The book rocketed to the #1 position in several Amazon categories before and since its official release, Jan. 25.
Source: World Net Daily